£22,956 – £24,999
36 hours per week
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
The Animal Control Team provides commercial pest control services to residents and businesses across the borough. It also provides some enforcement services to resolve pest issues at premises where action is not being taken by the owner or occupier. We also provide services such as the collection and care of stray dogs, investigation of complaints of nuisance arising from the keeping of animals, licensing of businesses such as pet shops, riding establishments etc, and also overseeing controls on livestock including welfare, identification, movement and infectious disease controls.
- To provide safe, effective and efficient pest control services to clients.
- To investigate reports of pest activity at third party premises and arrange effective intervention or enforcement to resolve them.
- To pick up stray dogs from across the Borough and bring them into local authority care or return them to their owners.
- Collect payments for any services provided as necessary.
- Ability to identify common insect and rodent pest species and implement effective control programmes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and clients.
- Ability to effectively use a computer at work.
- Ability to recognise basic dog body language and adapt own behaviour to suit.
Essential for The Role
- Must have RSPH Award in Pest Management or its equivalent.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits, Job Description and Employee Specification please visit our website.
Closing date: 1st October 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 23rd October 2018